Mother’s Day is a special time to celebrate the mom in your life. We know there aren’t enough flowers in the world to show your appreciation. So, since they say the quickest way to a person’s heart is through their stomach, we decided to share a delicious brunch recipe that mom will surely love.
These Crepes with Lime Cream Filling are simply divine and offer the perfect opportunity for you and mom to spend some quality time together. The best part? They pair beautifully with our Rosé so you can sip, eat, and enjoy each other’s company on this special day.
Total Time: 45 min (Prep: 20 min + Cook: 25 min)
3 cups sliced strawberries (about 1.5 pints)
½ cup sugar + 1 tablespoon (divided)
1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
½ teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
2 cups milk
2 tablespoons butter, melted
1 teaspoon lime zest
2 tablespoons lime juice
Lime Cream Filling –
2/3 cup heavy whipping cream
1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
½ cup sugar
1 tablespoon lime zest
- Toss the strawberries with ½ cup sugar and set aside. In a medium bowl, mix flour, 1 tablespoon sugar, baking powder and salt. Stir in milk, butter, lime zest, lime juice and eggs. Beat together with a whisk or hand beater until smooth.
- Lightly grease 6-8 inch skillet with butter and heat over medium until butter bubbles (take care not to overheat and burn butter). Pour ¼ cup crepe batter into skillet and rotate to create a thin layer of batter covering the entire bottom of skillet. Cook until lightly golden brown. Using a wide spatula, turn and cook the other side. Crepes can be stacked on waxed or parchment paper; cool.
- Make Lime Cream Filling: Beat heavy whipping cream in a small, chilled bowl with an electric mixer on high speed until stiff peaks form; set aside.
Beat cream cheese in medium bowl on high speed until fluffy; gradually add sugar and lime zest. Gently fold in whipped cream.
- Assemble crepes. Spoon about 2 tablespoons of cream filling down center of crepe; fold sides over filling. Top with strawberries and any remaining lime zest.
- Serve with Estate Rosé of Syrah or Estate Rosé of Petit Verdot
From all of us at Ty Caton Vineyards, Happy Mother’s Day!